MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Give the advantages and disadvantages of the changes that have taken place due to science and technology.
b) What changes were brought about by the early missionaries to Africa?
2. a) In what ways did the industrial age influence the attitude towards work?
b) As a Christian, suggest possible ways in which the church can create employment for school leavers.
3. a) In what ways did traditional African leisure activities help in building the community?
b) What do we learn from the way Jesus spent His leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Why was Cain's murder of his brother a case of justice?
b) As a Christian, give reasons to show that mob justice is injustice.
5. a) Why is the authority of some church leaders doubted today?
b) In what ways did the early missionaries offer service to the people in East Africa?
6. a) How did the Israelites show disloyalty to God in the Old Testament?
b) Explain the ways in which a Christian can loyalty to God today.
7. a) What was the Christian understand of happiness during the Middle Ages?
b) Explain the sources of happiness according to the New Testament.
8. From you knowledge of the:
a) Traditional African society
b) New testament,
Explain the belief that death is not the end of life.
9. a) What was considered as success in traditional African society?
b) Show how the disciples were successful after the Pentecost.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Why are extended families disappearing in modern Africa?
b) What were the advantages of the extended family in traditional Africa?
11. a) How has Western education reduced the inequity between men and women today?
b) Explain occasions in the Bible which show that man and woman are meant to be equal.
12. a) What are the disadvantages of getting a marriage partner from advertisements in the mass media or internet?
b) As a Christian, what qualities would you like to find in your marriage partner?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Show the ways in which God reveals Himself to us today.
b) What lessons did the Israelites learn about God from the exodus event?
14. a) Show what happens in society when people abandon God.
b) Given the New Testament teachings that can help a young person to remain faithful to God.
15. a) Describe the ways in which Christians demonstrate their faith in society today.
b) How were the prophets involved in the affairs of their society in the Old Testament?