MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) How has the introduced of technology affected people in Uganda today?
b) Giving examples, explain how the following people were agents of change:
i. Apolo Kivebulaya and
ii. Adrian Atiman.
2. a) Why do young people today flock to towns to look for work?
b) What Christian teachings can help the youth to understand the value of work?
3. Give the:
a) Similarities and
b) Differences, in the ways of spending leisure time between traditional African society and present situation.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Mention the main types of injustice found in your society today.
b) How can the Bible teaching help us to solve the problem of these injustices?
5. a) What services did the Christian missionaries bring to Africa?
b) How has the church followed their examples today?
6. a) Explain the ways in which youths in Uganda today express their various loyalties.
b) In what ways did Jesus express His loyalty to God?
7. a) In what ways does the Christian teaching on happiness differ from that of the African tradition?
b) Give the occasions during which Israelites were happy in the Old Testament times.
8. a) The life of Jesus seems to have been a failure yet it was a success. How was this possible?
b) In what ways does Jesus' teaching help a person to lead a successful life today?
9. a) How is the Old Testament teaching about unending life similar o that of the New Testament?
b) In what ways was the life, death and resurrection of Jesus special revelation of a new hope for man?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What problems did Christian's missionaries find in the Africa family system?
b) What solutions did they offer to their converts?
11. a) With examples, show how women were considered inferior men in traditional African society.
b) How has the Ugandan society uplifted the status of women today?
12. a) Give the:
i. weaknesses and
ii. Strengths, of bride wealth (dowry).
b) As a Christian, give reasons for and against bride wealth.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. "Men everywhere search for God". Show how this statement is true of:
a) Any one traditional African society known to you
b) The Israelites.
14. a) Give reasons why people tend to create their own gods.
b) Show how a Christians can express his/her loyalty to God today.
15. a) How did the Christians in the early church show care in society today?
b) How do Christians show care for society today?