MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) How did the prophets act as agents of change in Israel?
b) In what ways are the church leaders agents of change in Uganda today?
2. a) Explain the different ways in which work was valued in traditional African society.
b) Giving examples show the different ways in which work is abused in Uganda today.
c) As a Christian, what advice would you give to employers in order to improve the lives of workers?
3. a) In what ways did traditional Africans spend their leisure time?
b) What contribution did missionaries make to Africa in the field of leisure?
c) How can the teaching of Christ improve on the African to leisure?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Explain the forms of injustices that were practiced in traditional African society.
b) What forms of injustices exist in schools in Uganda today?
c) Give the Christian teaching on injustice.
5. a) Service is an act of love. Show how true this is in:
i. Service in the present situation.
ii. Service in traditional Africa.
b) Using your knowledge of the Bible, show how God served several people in the Old Testament.
6. a)Explain five examples of conflicting loyalties a senior four student in your school may face,
b) How can the New Testament teaching on loyalty help such a student to overcome them?
7. a) What is considered a happy life in traditional African society?
b) How have these ideas of happy life changed in modern society?
c) Point out the New Testament teaching on happiness.
8. "The dead are not dead, they are living dead". Explain this belief with reference to:
a) African tradition,
b) The Christian teaching.
9. a) How did traditional Africans understand success?
b) Show the difference between the New Testament teaching and traditional African understanding of success.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. 'In traditional African society, polygamy was accepted as a good thing'.
a) What were the advantages and disadvantages of this practice to the:
b) Give the Bible teaching on polygamy.
11. a) Give examples to show that sex roles in Uganda today have changed.
b) Use the Bible teaching to show whether what is taking place in woman liberation movement is right or wrong.
12. a) Explain how marriage partners were chosen in traditional African society.
b) In what ways do young Christians choose their marriage partners today?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) How do people in traditional African societies show their belief in God?
b) Using your Bible knowledge, what activities can a student at school do to show his/her belief in God?
14. a) Show the ways the Israelites often turned away from God.
b) How have Christians at times turned away from God?
15. 'Getting actively involved in politics may cause a Christian to stumble'.
a) Explain why some people think so.
b) Suggest ways in which the church can get involved in the politics of its country.