1. Write short notes about the following:
a) Halimut al - Sa'addiyya.
b) Abut Talib
c) Abdul Muttalib.
2. a) Briefly describe the Hegira of the prophet.
b) What is the significance in Islam?
3. What were the teachings of the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) concerning:
a) Racism and tribalism?
b) Status of women?
4. Explain why Abubakar carried out the Ridda wars. What were the results of these wars?
5. What are the teachings of each of the following on the grave sinner and the creation of an'
a) The Mutazilites?
b) Al - Ash'ar?
c) Ibn Hanabal?
6. Discuss the contribution of Imams Malik and Shafi to the study of Islam.
7. Outline the life history and major ideas of Ibn Khaidun.
8. What were the factors that led to the rise of Muhammad Ahmad the Mahdi, in the Sudan, 19th century? What were his achievements?
9. a) How did Islam reach the east African coast?
b) Why did it take long to spread into the interior?
10. What were the major aims for the Portuguese coming to east Africa? Were they successful aims?
11. What is the importance of the following in Uganda's Muslim history?
a) Nuhu Kalema
b) Kabaka Mwanga.
12. Do the Ugandan Muslims need a uniting body? To what extent is the Uganda Muslim supreme council likened to that body?
1. Discuss at least four factors the distinguish the qur'an from other divine revelations.
2. Using illustrations from the Qur'an show that it contains a universal message.
3. a) What are the main themes i surah's al - Kauthar (108) and al - lahab(111)?
b) What do the two surahs reveal about the response to the Prophet Muhammad's (P.B.U.H.) MESSAGE?
4. Explain the application of surat al - Qadar (97) to the follower of prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.)
5. From the teachings of the Holy Qur'an explain what Iman (faith) is. How does it relate to amal (good deeds)?
6. What does the Qur'an teach about killing animals for food? How do these teachings apply to hunting?
7. What difficulties would a Muslim experience if he tried to practise Islam without any knowledge of sunnah and Hadith?
8. On the authority of Abu Hurayaorh (R.A.) who said that the messenger of Allah(P.B.U.H)SAID: Allah said:
'Spend, o son of Adam, and i shall spend on you'.
i. What does Allah's direct speech indicate about this Hadith?
ii. Distinguish this hadith from one in which Allah does not speak directly.
9. a) Identify the books that Muslims are supposed to believe i and say which messenger brought them.
b)Do all these books guide the present day Muslims?
10. Give three situations when Ghusi (bathing) will be required and explain how it is performed.
11. Teach a new convert how to perform ablution and identify to him:
i. What is obligatory?
ii. What nullifies the ablution?
12. a) How is zakah collected and distributed in Islam?
b)Is this effectively carried out in Uganda?