1. a) Show the way tribalism was practiced by Arab communities before the coming of Islam.
b) How was this changed by Islam?
2. Give an account of the two pledges of Aqabah.
3. a) Explain the causes of the battle of Hunayn.
b) Describe the events that took place in the battle.
4. Describe the outstanding qualities of Abubakar both as a
a) Follower of prophet , and
5. a) Give the biography of Ibn Rushd.
b) What were his philosophical ideas?
6. a) Define Sufism.
b) Show its role in the spread of Islam in North A Africa before the 20th century.
7. Give the biography of Jamaliddin al - Afghani emphasizing his efforts towards achieving Muslim unity worldwide.
8. Explain the contribution of the following people towards Sanusiyya Movement:
a) Sayyid Muhammad al- Sanusi,
b) Sayyid al- Mahdi.
9. Using the examples of Mogadishu and Kilwa, describe the ways in which Islam influenced the East African coast.
10. Describe the coming of Islam to east Africa via the Red sea (the Sinai Route).
11. What were the factors that led to the delay in Islamic penetration into the interior of east Africa?
12. Show the way Islam has influenced Ugandans in their daily lives.
1. a) Describe the economic activities of the Arabs in pre- Islamic Arabia.
b) Why did Muhammad (P.B.U.H) participate in some and not in others?
2. Explain the way the early Muslim community lived.
3. With the help of particular articles from the constitution of Medina, show how Islam relates to other religions.
4. What was Abubakars contribution to the mission of Muhammad (P.B.U.H) from the beginning to the end?
5. Give the contributions of the following to Islamic theology;-
a) Al Ashari
b) Wasil bin Atwa.
6. What role did the sufis play in the spread of Islam in West Africa?
7. Describe the Mahdi Movement and give the teachings of Muhammad Ahmad Al Mahdi of Sudan.
8. Give an account of the beliefs and practices of the Wahhabi reform movement.
9. a) What factors led to the migration of Muslim Arabs to the east African coast?
b) How did they settle on the coast?
10. Describe the features of the Barbara (the ancestors of Somalis) and their interaction with other Arab and Muslim settlers.
11. How did assimilation become a means of spreading Islam into the interior of east Africa between 1880 and 1930?
12. Explain the way the Sunni community survived in east Africa despite the presence of a large number of the ibadi Oman Arabs and thenfluence at the coast.ir political i