41. a) Give two characteristics of insect pollinated flowers.
b) Why is a moth able to pollinate plants at night?
c) State the difference between self- pollination and cross-pollination.
42. The diagram below shows the structure of a kidney. Use it to answer questions (a) and (b).
a) Name the part labelled with letter A.
b) What substance goes through the part labelled C?
c) State any two functions of the kidney that are similar to those of a skin.
43. a) State any one characteristic of social insects.
b) Give any two characteristics of flowers which attract bees to visit them.
c) Why is a worker bee not able to reproduce?
44. The diagram below is a method of measuring an irregular object. Study it and answer questions that follow.
a) Calculate the volume of the stone.
b) Name the method used to find the volume.
45. The diagram below is of a burning candle. Use it to answer questions (a) and (b):
a) What two forms of energy are given off at Q?
b) What gas is supporting the process?
c) What other process in living things produces the same gas as the candle?
46. Use the list of foodstuffs given below and answer the following questions.
BEANS RICE CABBAGE MILK ORANGES
a) Give two foodstuffs that are a source of proteins.
b) How are cabbages useful in one's diet?
c) Why would you regard a list of the foods given above a balanced diet?
47. In the diagram below, when the nail was brought nearer to the magnet, it was attracted as shown. Use the diagram to answer questions (a) to (d) below.
a) How does the nail get magnetised?
b) Name the pole marked L.
c) Which other method can be used to magnetise the nail without using a magnet?
d) Name the type of magnet in (c).
48. a) What is the use of a First Aid Box?
b)What is mean by drug abuse?
c) Give any two pieces to a person who is on drug abuse.
49. The diagram below is an illustration of a blood circulation in a mammal. Study it carefully and use it to answer questions (a) and (b) below.
a) What body organ does part T represent?
b) What is the difference in the blood carried by blood vessels marked b and c?
c) Give the difference between an artery and a vein.
50. Complete the table below which shows some diseases and how they are spread among people.
|Disease||How it is spread|
infected dog bite
through air by coughing
51. a) What first aid will you give to an accident victim?
b) Explain now you will administer first aid for nose bleeding.
52. a) Name two agents of soil erosion.
b) How do trees stop soil erosion?
c) How does tree-cutting in an area lead to soil erosion?
53. a) What is water pollution?
b) Suggest any two ways in which a community can improve on a water source.
c) Why is borehole water safer to drink than well water?
54. a) Suggest any two methods that can promote the idea of PHC in a school.
b) What element is promoted in PHC?
c) Identify any two activities that health committee should do in your village.
55. The table below shows part of a child's immunisation card. Use it to answer questions (a) to (d) below.
1 2 3
Write dates of immunisation
a) When was this child born?
b) Give a reason to support your answer in (a) above.
c) At what age was the immunisation completed?
d) Give a reason for your answer in (c) above.
- << Prev