MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Explain the changes that science and technology have brought in your society today.
b) In what ways can Christian teachings help a Christian cope with the changes in (a) above?
2. a) What was the purpose of work in traditional African society?
b) How has work lost meaning in Uganda today?
3. a) What problems do the youth face in using their leisure time today?
b) What leisure activities were condemned by St. Augustine in church History?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Why is bullying of new comers in schools a form of injustice?
b) How did Jesus practice justice among his own people?
5. a) How did the following offer service to their society?
i. St. Francis of Assisi.
ii. Arthur Shearly Cripps of Rhodesia.
b) In what ways have some church leaders failed to offer service to people in Uganda today?
6. a) How did people in traditional African Society show that they were loyal to their ancestors?
b) Who is regarded as a loyal Christian by church today?
7. a) What do students consider to be sources of happiness?
b) Give the differences between Christian sources of happiness and those mentioned in 7 (a) above.
8. Give the:
Between the Christian and traditional African beliefs about life after death.
9. a) Who was a successful man in the traditional African society?
b) Explain the success Jesus won for those who believe in him.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What were the advantages of an extended family in traditional African society?
b) Why is this family pattern disappearing in modern society?
11. a) What is the government doing to promote equality between men and women in Uganda today?
b) Give examples of Israelite women who contributed to their community.
12. a) How can you advise a Christian who thinks that staying unmarried is a solution to AIDS?
b) In what ways did traditional African society ensure stable marriages?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Giving examples show how the early Christians searched for God.
b) Give the
between Christian and traditional African ways of searching for God.
14. a) How are people in Uganda evading God today?
b) Why did the Israelites sometimes turn away from God?
15. a) What does the New Testament teach about Christian involvement in the world?
b) Give the obstacles Christian face while trying to follow the above teaching.