MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) What role has money played in the changing of society today?
b) How has the church been affected as a result of the use of money in our society?
2. a) Give ten examples of the good work done by the Christian missionaries in Uganda.
b) How are the Ugandan Christians using the missionary samples to develop the nation?
3. a) In what ways can leisure in the present situation be destructive?
b) How did Jesus promote the values of leisure during His life time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Show how the prophets denounced injustice in Israel.
b) What can Christians do to reduce injustice in Uganda today?
5. a) In what ways did Jesus serve His community?
b) What lessons can modern leaders learn from Jesus' example of service?
6. a) Identify African customs that conflict with Christian beliefs.
b) How can Jesus' teaching help Christians to deal with such conflicts?
c) How is the church in Uganda addressing this problem?
7. a) 'Happiness today is achieved through struggle'. With examples, explain this statement.
b) How can the Bible help one to experience happiness in one's daily struggle?
8. a) What is the traditional African understanding of life after death?
b) Show the similarities and differences between the Christian understanding of everlasting life and the traditional African understanding of life after death.
9. a) Explain the Christian teaching on success.
b) In what ways does the Christian teaching differ from:
i. Traditional African views?
ii. Present day's ideas on success?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) How have rural-urban migration affected the African families?
b) What efforts are the churches in Africa making to keep Christian families strong?
11. a) Describe the preparations for marriage that took place in traditional Africa.
b) How have Christians modified marriage ceremonies in Africa today?
12. a) What does it mean to say that "women are equal to men"?
b) What would traditional African society say about this statement?
c) Explain Jesus' teaching about equality of men and women.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) How did the religious rituals in Africa traditional society demonstrate the people's search for God?
b) What is the importance of baptism to Christians?
14. a) Explain how magic and witchcraft can lead to evasion of God in the African tradition.
b) How did people evade God in church history?
15. a) In what ways are Christians working together irrespective of denominational differences to make the world a better place?
b) What problems do they face in trying to work together?