MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Explain the changes that people experience from birth to old age.
b) What changes were experienced in Africa as a result of the coming of the missionaries?
2. a) Give reasons why many youths today do not want manual work.
b) What values and attitudes can the youth today learn from the bible teaching regarding manual work?
3. Most young people think that leisure is the time to enjoy them selves.
a) Give reasons why leisure is not merely time for enjoyment.
b) What Christian teaching can guide such young people?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Mention some of the common injustices witnessed in our society today.
b) What are the root causes of these injustices?
c) As a Christian suggest solutions to these injustices.
5. a) What is the popular understanding of leadership in Uganda today?
b) In what ways does this understanding differ from that of Jesus?
6. a) It was easier to be loyal in the African past than it is today. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
b) Show how the New Testament teaching can help Christians to overcome conflicting loyalties today.
7. Some people in Uganda today are very rich. They have land, personal houses, vehicles and good jobs, but they are neither happy nor satisfied with what they have. How would you use your knowledge of the Old Testament and New Testament to help them understand the source of true happiness?
8. a) Show the people in the African traditional society prepared themselves for unending life.
b) What preparations do Christians make to get ready for unending life?
9. a) What did it mean to live a successful life in African traditional society?
b) Explain the New Testament teaching about living a successful life.
MAN AND WOMAN
10.a) Mention the changes that are being experienced in modern family life in Africa.
b) What is the Biblical teaching on family life?
11. a) How did the African traditional society prepare the youth for marriage?
b) What problems is Uganda facing as a result of growing into a permissive society?
12. a) What were the roles of men and women in Africa traditional society?
b) In what ways has Christianity changed the women status in Africa?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Why do people tend to create their own gods today?
b) How does the story of the temptations of Jesus show His commitment to God?
14. a) Explain the causes of irreligion in our society.
b) What is the church doing to bring people back to God?
15. Jesus taught love for God and the neighbor. How can Christians live their daily life in obedience to this teaching?