MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) As an S.4 student, there are some changes you have experienced since your senior 1.
i. Briefly mention some of them.
ii. What benefits have these changes brought you?
b) What lessons can a young person learn from Jesus Christ?
2. a) Why do some people find working in Uganda today unenjoyable?
b) What can be done to make work more attractive?
3. a) Giving examples, explain the meaning of 'leisure industry'.
b) How does the leisure industry affect the morality of society?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Explain the traditional African understanding of justice.
b) As a Christian, point out some of the weaknesses of traditional African ideas about justice.
5. a) How does God use His authority in the Old Testament?
b) If you were made a class captain, how would you use the above lesson to do your duty?
6. a) Show the ways in which traditional African loyalty created security for the community and the individual.
b) Give the ways in which Jesus taught and demonstrated loyalty to his disciples.
7. a) Give the differences between the traditional African understanding of success and that of today?
b) How can Jesus' teaching help a Christian to live more successful life?
8. a) Using your knowledge of rites of passage, explain the view that, 'to Africans, the dead are not dead'.
b) How can Jesus' teaching improve the African view of unending life?
9. a) The church claims to have made many success in the world.
i. What are these successes?
ii. Give the weaknesses of these successes.
b) Why did Jesus' life seem a failure to the people of his time?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Give the main causes of the breaking up of families in Uganda today.
b) How can the New Testament teaching help such families to become stable?
11. a) How has the Government of Uganda improved the status of women?
b) Explain the ways in which society has benefited from improved status of women.
12. a) Give reasons why polygamy was an accepted practice in traditional Africa.
b) Why do Christians not approve of the practice of polygamy?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Explain the traditional African beliefs about the spirit world.
b) What is the Christian teaching about spirits and spiritual life?
14. a) Why do people run away from God or religion today?
b) Giving examples, show how some Jews were evading God during the days of Jesus.
15. a) Explain how:
i. a house wife
ii. a bus driver
can spread the gospel of Christ.
b)What problems are they likely to face in their effort to spread the Gospel?