MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) How has the movement of people from rural areas to towns affected the way of life in Uganda?
b) As a Christian, use the New Testament teaching on change to help these people adjust to this change.
2. a) What factors should a Christian student bear in mind when choosing a carrier?
b) In what ways are these factors different from those that were considered important in traditional Africa?
3. a) Why was a beer party in traditional Africa a more beneficial (profitable) leisure activity than it is today?
b) What lessons do Christians learn from the Old Testament teaching on how to spend leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) How was harmony maintained in traditional African society?
b) What examples of injustice exist in our modern society?
5. a) Why is it necessary for some one who has authority to be a servant for others? Refer your answer to the New Testament.
b) Give similarities and differences between traditional leaders and the present local council chairmen in our present villages/ communities in Uganda.
6. a) Explain three major events in the Old Testament and one from the New Testament to show how God was loyal to the children of Israel.
b) How can one be loyal to Jesus Christ in present Uganda? Give examples to support your answer.
7. a) What do young people do to pursue happiness today?
b) Show the similarities and differences between the above attitude and Jesus' teaching.
8. a) How did the life, death and resurrection of Jesus influence the early missionaries to Africa?
b) From your knowledge of unending life what message can you give to a young Christian who is suffering from AIDS?
9. a) Explain how Jesus' life was a successful one.
b) How has Jesus' life influenced the church?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What are the causes of marriage breakages among young Christian couples today?
b) Point out the importance of a monogamous family life.
11. a) Describe the physical and emotional changes that take place in boys and girls.
b) What social problems do adolescents meet as a result of the changes that are taking place in their growth?
12. a) Explain the importance of bride wealth in African traditional marriages.
b) Give the reasons why some people in the modern society do not like bride wealth.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Why does the prophet Isaiah plead with the Israelites not to abandon their faith in Yahweh?
b) What problems do Christians face in trying to keep their faith in God?
14. a) Explain the reasons which make people in the present world evade God.
b) With examples, show how people evaded God in the old and New Testament times.
15. a) Show how the prophets of the Old Testament helped people to remain faithful to God.
b) Suggest ways in which Christians can be involved in the spread of the Gospel.
c) What problems do Christians encounter in proclaiming the gospel today?