MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. Change is a continuous process of life.
a) Describe the changes you have experienced since you started going to school.
b) What benefits have you got from these changes?
c) Suggest three disadvantages you have experienced from some of these changes.
2. a) Giving examples from your own country, explain why many people today do not enjoy their work.
b) Suggest four ways in which the government can encourage people to create their own jobs.
c) As a Christian youth, what type of job would you choose for yourself? Explain your answer.
3. a) Explain the various ways in which the traditional African people entertain themselves.
b) What are the differences between leisure in the present situation and leisure in the traditional African setting?
c) What lessons can a Christian learn from the way Jesus spent his leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Explain why bullying new comers in schools is a case of injustice.
b) How did Jesus maintain justice among his own people?
5. a) What qualities of leadership do we find in the person of Moses?
b) Give reasons why prophet Jeremiah condemned the leaders of Israel.
c) Show how some of the modern leaders have failed in their leadership.
6. a) Giving examples show how youths suffer because of loyalty to their own values.
b) How did Jesus show his loyalty to God and Jewish authorities?
7. a) Who is regarded as a happy person in the present situation?
b) What is the New Testament teaching about happiness?
8. a) Give reasons why some good people in society have to suffer.
b) How can you encourage a good Christian who is suffering to keep hoping for success?
9. a) Give an account of the success of the church in the years AD 1600- 1900.
b) How does the New Testament teaching about success differ from that of the modern society?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Explain why children were very important in traditional families.
b) Show how problem ways have changed people's attitudes towards having many children.
c) Give any three Christian values that Christian parents should teach their children.
11. a) Giving examples from the church history. Show how women played an active role in society.
b) How does the teaching of the New Testament help to improve the position of women in society?
12. In traditional Africa serious care was taken when choosing a marriage partner.
a) Give some of the things that were considered in the choice of a marriage partner.
b) What are the consequences of not following this practice today?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Show how traditional Africans search for God.
b) How did the people of the Old Testament search for God?
c) Give reasons why Jesus often opposed some of the ways in which the Jews searched for God.
14. a) Suggest reasons why some people flee from Christianity.
b) Identify the religious practices that sparked off the reformation.
c) Point out the ways in which religionism is a form of man's evasion of God.
15. a) Give points to support Christian involvement in politics.
b) Identify the problems a Christian faces when he gets involved in politics.