MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) The people of Uganda have experienced many changes since 1992. Identify five of the changes Ugandans have experienced.
b) In what ways have these changes affected the church in Uganda?
2. a) What attitude does the parable of the Talents teach us towards work and the worker?
b) How can a Christian work to build the kingdom of God?
3. a) How did the Africans in their traditional set up utilize their leisure time?
b) How can a Christian student apply the knowledge of the New Testament in his daily leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
Justice basically involves meeting human needs.
4. a) Explain how this was done in the African past.
b) With examples, show how the Jews in the Old Testament maintain peace and justice in society.
5. a) Explain the meaning of authority as used in the present situation.
b) Show how God used His authority in the Old Testament.
c) State five ideas which Jesus emphasized in his teaching about the use of authority.
6. a) In what ways were the Israelites disloyal to GOD?
b) How does Jesus Christ help us to be loyal to God?
7. a) Show how Jesus is the source of joy and happiness to his followers.
b) What should be the attitude of a Christian towards death?
8. Belief in life after death influences the present life.
Illustrate this statement with examples from the:
a) Traditional African Society,
b) New Testament teaching.
9. a) What was the traditional African understanding of success?
b) What are the similarities and differences between the traditional African understanding an d Jesus' teaching about success?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Give reasons why barrenness causes great concern in traditional Africa.
b) Outline the role of a parent in traditional Africa.
c) Give the New Testament teaching on the relationship between parents and children.
11. What does Christianity teach about the equality between men and women?
12. a) Show the differences and similarities in the qualities considered choosing a marriage partner in the present and traditional African societies.
b) As a Christian, explain the qualities you would consider choosing a marriage partner.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. Supposing a friend told you that God's revelation to man ended Biblical times.
a) Outline some of the points you would give to convince him God reveals Himself even today.
b) Show how Africans express their commitment to God.
14. a) What are the causes of people running away from God or religion today?
b) As a student of C.R.E, how would you help such people come back to God?
15. a) Not many Christians like to participate in politics today this so?
b)Suggest ways in which the church can get involved in the world around it.