MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Describe how Christianity was spread in the early church.
b) What reasons made the preaching of the Gospel in Africa by Europeans difficult?
2. a) Why was there no unemployment in traditional Africa?
b) In what ways did Monks and Nuns FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF Christ to work and pray? Did they achieve their objective?
3. a) Show how leisure was closely related to African traditional life.
b) Explain the ways in which missionaries who came to Africa in they 19th century interfered with African experience of leisure.
c) Using your knowledge of Jesus' ministry show how he helped to live more fully.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. In traditional Africa life was lived in community.
a) Explain why in an African traditional society people live first as members of a community and next as an individual.
b) What kind of injustices do we know of in traditional societies?
5. a) Why is authority necessary in any society?
b) How was authority used in Africa before the coming of Europeans?
c) In what ways did the colonialists change the African use of authority?
6. a) Give reasons that made clergy and bishops to become rich and powerful during the reign of Emperor Constantine.
b) In what ways did St. Francis of Assisi reform monasteries that had become worldly?
c) Show how Jesus demonstrated to his disciples his role of a servant of all?
7. a) In what ways did the early monks of Egypt try to find happiness?
b) How did they share this happiness with others?
c) What do we learn from the early Christians about happiness in spite of difficulties.
8. a) Show how the good news which the apostles preached was different from that which most people had at the time of Christ.
b) Why does the apostle Paul state so strongly the fact of resurrection in 1cor.15: 1 - 25?
9. a) What ideas of success do we learn from the first chapters of Genesis?
b) What is the New Testament teaching of success?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Why does prophet Malachi strongly attack mixed marriages and divorce?
b)Give Jesus' teaching of marriage.
11. a) What was the position of woman in an African traditional society?
b) What does the Bible writer mean by saying that a woman was made from Adam's rib?
12. "The child was educated by a community for membership of that community".
a) Show how children were educated in the traditional African society.
b) From your study of the Old Testament give ways in which children were educated in Israel.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) In what ways do Africans express their belief in divinities?
b) Why do the Old Testament prophets constantly remind Israel to remain seekers of the truth?
14. a) Why do Christians doubt and abandon their faith today?
b) In what ways did ancient Israel flee from God?
c) Why did Jesus openly attack Jewish over - concern with the law and the Temple?
15. Explain why Christianity is primarily about our communication with each other in Christianity.